Yesterday, I shared your favourite recipes of 2021. Today, I’m sharing mine! Cheers to 2022, friends!
I’m about to call it a day! We did up a very small NYE party at home this evening. It wasn’t the most exciting, but it was also very nice. I made Lebanese chicken and charred lemon cauliflower with roasted potato fries and pita + hummus. And we finished the last of our Christmas baking for dessert. Then we played Balderdash and I’m hoping to watch a bit of the new Netflix movie, Don’t Look Up, in a bit.
Hopefully you, too, are enjoying a nice and enjoyable New Year’s Eve, however that looks for you!
I thought that it would be fun to share my favourite recipes of 2021. This year has been interesting, to say the least. Up until the end of the summer, I thought that I would be starting teacher’s college in Alberta in the fall. Alas, I changed my mind at the last minute for a number of reasons, mainly related to the uncertainty surrounding the pandemic. I decided to wait it out and work to grow Up Beet Kitchen throughout the fall. I finally feel ready to embrace a new path in 2022. I will share more about that in the coming weeks and months.
Needless to say, I have been able to put a lot of time and energy into recipe development over the past twelve months. I hope that you have enjoyed some of my recipes as much as I have enjoyed creating and sharing them.
My 25 Favourite Recipes of 2021
25. Vegan Sweet Potato Brownies (Gluten-Free)
24. Mediterranean Chickpea Meatloaf (V + GF)
23. Moroccan Chickpea + Roasted Vegetable Burritos with Green Tahini Sauce
22. Vegan Fruit Pizza with Maple Orange Cashew Cream
21. Roasted Sweet Potato Kale Salad with Tahini Harissa Yogurt Dressing
20. Warm Roasted Mushroom, Pear, Walnut + Avocado Spinach Salad
19. Creamy Goat Cheese Lemon Pasta with Green Peas, Artichokes and Leeks
18. No-Bake Oat Fudge Bars (Vegan)
17. Shawarma Turkey Burgers with Fried Halloumi + Tahini Yogurt Fennel Slaw
16. Healthy Baked Banana Doughnuts with Caramel Glaze
15. Chocolate Banana Sunbutter Popsicles (Vegan)
14. Smoky Roasted Chickpea + Corn Mixed Green Salad with Creamy Jalapeño Basil Goddess Dressing
13. Peanut Butter Banana Quinoa Greek Yogurt Breakfast Pudding
12. Creamy One Skillet Orzo + Tofu with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spinach
11. White Bean Basil Pesto Cream Lasagna with Tofu Ricotta, Roasted Vegetables, and Herby Breadcrumbs
10. Mexican Salmon Quinoa Burgers
9. Santa Fe Chicken Salad (Earls Restaurant Inspired)
8. Chipotle Tofu, Peach, and Corn Salad with Feta and Cilantro Lime Dressing
7. Oat Flour Gingerbread Pumpkin Muffins
6. Chocolate Overnight Oats with Peanut Butter Banana Soft Serve
5. Harissa Hummus with Halloumi, Orange Honey, and Charred Broccoli
4. Roasted Brussels Sprout + Butternut Squash Salad with Halloumi, Dates + Orange Tahini Dressing
3. Sweet Potato Oat Flour Muffins with Vanilla, Chai, and Chocolate
2. Festive Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas with Squash and Brussels Sprouts
And my favourite recipe of 2021 is… drumroll, please… Fall Harvest Sweet Potato Nachos with Smoky Cinnamon Chickpeas, Gouda, and Pomegranate-Apple Salsa!!
And with that, Happy New Year, sweet friends! Let’s make 2022 a great one.
So many outstanding recipes! Thanks for all of your creations Allison.
Thank you, Sue! It means a lot to receive such nice feedback. 😊❤️