These peanut butter banana power cookies contain just five ingredients, and they make the perfect snack or breakfast on the go! You’ll need just peanut butter, bananas, oats, dates, chocolate chips, and an optional pinch of salt.
Before the pandemic hit and I was still going to work at my job in a health food store, I had learned to appreciate the power of having a healthy handheld snack in my bag at all times. Long hours on one’s feet, attending to clients and running around, leaves one rather zapped of energy and in need of a quick source of fuel. I came up with these peanut butter banana power cookies in response to my need for mid-afternoon energy, and I think you’ll love them, too!
These cookies are probably one of the simplest creations I have ever come up with, yet they deliver a punch of flavour, texture, and high quality fuel thanks to the healthy carbs from bananas, dates, and oats, and the protein and fat in the peanut butter. Of course, I added chocolate chips for the fun of it, but you are totally welcome to omit them, if you wish.
to make these vegan peanut butter banana power cookies, you’ll:
- Mash three very ripe bananas in a large bowl.
- Add 2 cups of rolled oats, 1 cup of peanut butter, 8 chopped pitted Medjool dates, ½ cup of chocolate chips, and an optional pinch of fine sea salt, to the mix.
- Scoop the dough out onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Store cookies in the refrigerator and consume within 4 or 5 days. Or freeze them for longer! Due to their moisture content, they shouldn’t be kept at room temperature for an extended period of time.
I hope you enjoy these peanut butter banana power cookies! They’re perfect at any time of the day. I think they would even make a great breakfast served with a smoothie–especially my Chocolate Cake Batter Smoothie or my Blueberry, Almond Butter, and Cardamom Smoothie!
I hope you are all having a great day so far. I sprained my toe (!) while working out yesterday, so I might have to take it a little easier than planned in the workout department today. Oh well, I guess it will give me extra time to create more recipes for you! 😉
If you make these cookies, be sure to leave a comment and rating below–it really helps others and myself! And don’t forget to tag @upbeet.kitchen and #upbeetkitchen if you post a photo to Instagram! I love re-gramming your photos in my stories!
5 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Power Cookies
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12–15 cookies 1x
- Diet: Vegan
The simplest power cookies made with just five ingredients! Perfect for an energy boost in the afternoon or as part of a breakfast.
- 3 medium-large very ripe bananas
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup smooth natural peanut butter (sub sunflower seed butter for nut-free option)
- 8 pitted Medjool dates, finely chopped
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Pinch of fine sea salt (omit if using salted peanut butter)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line one large or 2 medium baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl. Stir in the oats, peanut butter, dates, chocolate chips, and salt, if using. The batter will be quite sticky.
- Scoop even portions of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet(s), making 12-15 cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let the cookies cool on the pan for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack and cooling completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days or in the freezer for a month.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Snack, Breakfast
- Method: Bake
Keywords: 5 ingredient vegan cookies, vegan power cookies, vegan breakfast cookies, peanut butter banana cookies
This is a perfect healthy treat. Easy to put together and my kids loved helping to mix, and then devour them!
Glad you enjoyed them, Janice!
Absolutely loved it!! I added chopped almonds as well! Thank you for sharing!
Thank YOU so much for coming back to comment, Karthi! I’m so happy you enjoyed them. Almonds sound like a wonderful addition! 🙂
Greetings from Idaho! I’m bored to death at work so I decided to browse your website on my iphone during lunch break.
I really like the info you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get
home. I’m amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile ..
I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, superb blog!
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind comment, and I’m glad that you’re enjoying my website!
Hubs loves these! Thanks.
I’m so happy to hear that, Sue! Thank you so much for coming back to leave a kind comment- it means a lot to me. 🙂