These six ingredient vegan peanut butter date chocolate bars are obsession-worthy! Simple salted date peanut butter dough is topped with cheerios and coated in dark chocolate for the absolute best healthy and easy vegan treat.
Hi!!! It has been awhile since I last shared a dessert recipe. I guess I just got into a really good routine of alternating between my Vegan Sweet Potato Brownies and my Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Oat Bars for several weeks. But it’s time to roll out some fun new treats!
I have a few good ones coming in the next couple of weeks (spoiler alert, there will be a healthy-ish jumbo s’mores skillet cookie coming your way soon), starting with these vegan peanut butter date chocolate bars!
I had been meaning to make these for awhile. I have a notebook in which I jot down recipe ideas, and this one had been on the list for months! I’m so glad that I finally put my nose to the grindstone and saw these easy vegan bars into fruition. They are darn delicious! Think caramel-y, salty, sweet, and crunchy, all at once! Amazing. My mom said that they remind her of a combo of Reese’s peanut butter cups and a Crispy Crunch.
Vegan Peanut Butter Date Chocolate Bars Ingredients
- Peanut Butter
- Pitted Medjool dates
- Sea salt
- Vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate
Equipment You’ll Need
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Food Processor
- 8×8-inch Baking Dish
- Parchment Paper
Step By Step Instructions
You’ll start by blending Medjool dates, smooth natural peanut butter, sea salt, and vanilla together in a food processor. Process it until a sticky dough forms.(This takes a couple of minutes. It’s ready when you can take a piece of dough and it sticks together.) Press it into a parchment paper-lined baking dish, press some Cheerios on top, and place in the freezer for four hours.
After four hours, melt dark chocolate on the stove and slice the square into 10 rectangular bars. Use a fork to dip both sides of the bars in chocolate and place on a wire rack set over top of a cookie sheet to catch any drips. The chocolate will begin to firm up thanks to the cold temperature of the bars. Gently and carefully remove the bars from the wire rack (to avoid the chocolate sticking to the wire rack), set on a flat surface covered with parchment paper, and return to the freezer for a couple of minutes to firm up.
The most difficult aspect of making these vegan peanut butter date chocolate bars? Why, the waiting, of course! However, if you make the peanut butter date mix early in the day, these will be more than ready when dessert time rolls around.
More No-Bake Vegan Dessert Recipes
- Raw Vegan Banana Cream Pie
- Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie (No Bake!)
- Vegan No-Bake Triple Chocolate Brownies
- No-Bake Vegan Nanaimo Bars
I hope that you love these vegan peanut butter date chocolate bars! If you make them, let me know how you enjoyed them by leaving a comment below the post. And if you share a photo to Instagram, tag it @upbeet.kitchen and #upbeetkitchen. I love seeing what you’ve made.
These amazing and wholesome vegan peanut butter date chocolate bars require just six ingredients! Sweet, salty, caramel-y, and chocolatey, they are obsession-worthy.
- 1 cup smooth natural peanut butter (unsalted)
- 1 ½ cups pitted soft, juicy Medjool dates (about 18 dates)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- ½ cup Cheerios
- 300 grams dark chocolate (50–70 percent cacao), chopped
- Place the peanut butter, dates, salt, and vanilla in a food processor. Process until a dough that sticks together when pressed between your fingers forms. It may look crumbly, but it should stick together when pressed.
- Line a 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Allow some to hang over the sides so that you can use it as handles to lift the bar out of the pan later.
- Crumble the peanut butter date dough into the prepared baking dish. Use your hands to compact it into an even layer. Be sure to press firmly to ensure that it sticks together.
- Sprinkle the Cheerios evenly over top and press down gently yet firmly to adhere.
- Place in the freezer for 4 hours.
- Melt the chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat, whisking occasionally. Remove from the heat and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Lift the bar out of the pan and slice into 10 even bars. Take a bar and dip it into the chocolate. Use a fork to turn over to coat both sides. Lift out of the pot and place on a wire rack set over a cookie sheet to catch drips.
- Repeat with the remaining bars. Carefully transfer onto a cutting board or plate lined with parchment paper and return to the freezer for a couple of minutes to firm up.
- Store the bars in an airtight container in the freezer. Let them thaw for a few minutes before enjoying!
The fresher your dates, the better they will blend. I highly recommend using soft, juicy Medjool dates here.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Freeze Time: 4 hours
- Category: Dessert, Snack
Keywords: vegan peanut butter date chocolate bars recipe