These amazing and wholesome vegan peanut butter date chocolate bars require just six ingredients! Sweet, salty, caramel-y, and chocolatey, they are obsession-worthy.
- 1 cup smooth natural peanut butter (unsalted)
- 1 1/2 cups pitted soft, juicy Medjool dates (about 18 dates)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Cheerios
- 300 grams dark chocolate (50–70 percent cacao), chopped
- Place the peanut butter, dates, salt, and vanilla in a food processor. Process until a dough that sticks together when pressed between your fingers forms. It may look crumbly, but it should stick together when pressed.
- Line a 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Allow some to hang over the sides so that you can use it as handles to lift the bar out of the pan later.
- Crumble the peanut butter date dough into the prepared baking dish. Use your hands to compact it into an even layer. Be sure to press firmly to ensure that it sticks together.
- Sprinkle the Cheerios evenly over top and press down gently yet firmly to adhere.
- Place in the freezer for 4 hours.
- Melt the chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat, whisking occasionally. Remove from the heat and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Lift the bar out of the pan and slice into 10 even bars. Take a bar and dip it into the chocolate. Use a fork to turn over to coat both sides. Lift out of the pot and place on a wire rack set over a cookie sheet to catch drips.
- Repeat with the remaining bars. Carefully transfer onto a cutting board or plate lined with parchment paper and return to the freezer for a couple of minutes to firm up.
- Store the bars in an airtight container in the freezer. Let them thaw for a few minutes before enjoying!
The fresher your dates, the better they will blend. I highly recommend using soft, juicy Medjool dates here.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Freeze Time: 4 hours
- Category: Dessert, Snack
Keywords: vegan peanut butter date chocolate bars recipe