This green goddess hummus is vibrant and fresh-tasting, with lots of lemon, garlic, and herbs. It’s perfect at any time of the year, and easy to customize with fresh herbs from your garden.
How great is homemade hummus? It’s one of those staple recipes that I encourage everyone to have in their repertoire. It’s one of the easiest things in the world to whip up in your food processor, and fun to customize depending on your mood. Lately, I’ve been having a blast experimenting with different variations (Thai red curry hummus and sweet potato chipotle hummus among them, which I will be sharing in due time). But first on my priority list of hummus variations to share with you is this green goddess one!
This hummus is much like my classic hummus, but with the addition of fresh herbs. When basil is in season, I love using it in combination with parsley, and during the rest of the year, I usually do a combination of parsley, cilantro, and/or dill.
The ingredients you’ll need for this green goddess hummus are as follows: chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, extra virgin olive oil, pepper, and fresh herbs. As you can see, I kept the green theme going by garnishing it with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, green olives, and toasted pumpkin seeds.
To make it, you’ll simply toss all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. You can also add a bit of water to thin it out, if you like. I love having a container of this on hand in the fridge for when I’m hangry, and it also makes packed sandwiches that much more special. It happens to pair beautifully with pita and my Moroccan Lentil Carrot Salad, too: one of my favourite weeknight dinners or picnic meals, in fact!
more dips and spreads
I hope that you love this green goddess hummus! If you make it, let me know how you enjoyed it by leaving a comment and rating below the post. And if you share a photo to Instagram, tag it @upbeet.kitchen and #upbeetkitchen. I love seeing what you’ve made.
Green Goddess Hummus
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegan
A flavourful, simple green goddess hummus recipe made in 5 minutes.
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 14-oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 2–3 large garlic cloves, minced (depending on how garlicky you like your hummus)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾–1 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh herbs (basil, parsley, dill, and cilantro are all tasty), tough stems removed
- Water, to thin
- Place all ingredients in a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade.
- Process until ultra smooth and creamy, adding a couple of tablespoons of water, if desired, to thin.
- Transfer into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Keywords: green goddess hummus recipe
if you use Pinterest, pin this to one of your boards:
Made this as an appetizer and it was so delicious! Highly recommend!
Thanks, Dayna! 😍