This fennel, grape, and avocado green power salad features an array of flavours and textures and is topped with vegan parmesan lemon vinaigrette!
I love salads which feature a variety of textures, flavours, and colours. That said, while I’m all for eating the rainbow, sometimes it’s fun to challenge oneself to create a monochromatic dish. That’s what I’ve done in this green power salad: All of the ingredients within are green, from the spinach or mixed greens at the base to the cucumber, fennel, avocado, olives, and grapes on top. And the dressing is an utterly addictive vegan parmesan lemon vinaigrette, which I got the idea for from one of my favourite cookbooks, Blissful Basil (based on the blog of the same name; one of my favourites)!
This salad has a lot to love: The sweet, juicy grapes combined with buttery avocado, salty olives, refreshing cucumber, and slightly spicy fennel all play so well together! I think this is a great way to give summer a sweet send-off before you get into making dishes like warm salads with roasted vegetables and braised greens.
green power salad ingredients
- For the salad: arugula, spinach, or mixed greens, fennel, cucumber, green grapes, green olives, and avocado.
- For the dressing: Extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, maple syrup, garlic, salt, pepper, and cashew hemp parmesan. If you don’t have any of the parmesan on hand, sub 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast and 1 tbsp of tahini for a similar, though not quite as exquisite, dressing.
step by step instructions
- Prepare the salad: Place the greens in a large salad bowl. Add the thinly sliced fennel, cucumber, grapes, olives, and avocado.
- Prepare the dressing: Add the olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, maple syrup, garlic, salt, pepper, and cashew hemp parmesan to a glass jar. Shake vigorously to incorporate.
- Serve the salad: Portion out the salad onto bowls or plates and drizzle with the dressing.
- To turn this salad into more of a meal, I recommend adding some chickpeas, crispy baked tofu, and quinoa or brown rice to the mix–either within the salad or alongside.
- I served this salad alongside sourdough bread, hummus, and cheese. I found it to be the perfect lazy summer meal that still tasted special! 🙂
More Awesome Salad Recipes
- Roasted Cauliflower, Sweet Potato, and Buckwheat Salad with Tahini Balsamic Dressing
- Roasted Delicata Squash, Fig, and Pecan Kale Salad
- Mediterranean Lentil Salad
Well, I hope you love this fennel, grape, and avocado green power salad! If you make it, let me know how you enjoyed it by leaving a comment and rating below the post. And if you post photo to Instagram, tag it @upbeet.kitchen and #upbeetkitchen! I love seeing your recreations, and I’ll also share them in my Instagram stories!
This healthy green salad features avocado, grapes, fennel, olives, and lemon Parmesan vinaigrette!
For the Salad
- 8 cups arugula, spinach, or mixed greens
- 1 fennel bulb, ends trimmed off, thinly shaved or sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, diced
Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Pinch each fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp cashew hemp parmesan
- Prepare the salad: Place the spinach/arugula/mixed greens in a large salad bowl. Top with the fennel, cucumber, green grapes, olives, and avocado.
- Make the dressing: Add the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, dijon mustard, maple syrup, garlic, salt, pepper, and cashew hemp parmesan to a jar. Screw on the lid and shake vigorously to combine.
- Portion out individual servings of salad onto plates or bowls. Drizzle with dressing and top with additional cashew hemp parmesan, if desired.
- If you have a mandolin slicer, it will make easy work of slicing the fennel. Just be careful, since they are incredibly sharp. I don’t have a mandolin, so I simply sliced the fennel with a knife.
- If you don’t want to make a full batch of the cashew hemp parmesan, sub 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast and 1 tbsp of tahini in the dressing instead. It won’t be quite the same, but it will work in a pinch.
- Category: Side Dish, Salad, Appetizer, Lunch
Keywords: vegan parmesan vinaigrette, fennel olive grape salad, avocado green salad