This mint lime hemp avocado dressing is delicious on salads, as well as burgers, wraps, and bowls. The perfect summer salad dressing with fresh flavours and tons of nutrients!
This is going to be a short post, since it’s a preview for tomorrow’s recipe, which is a veggie burger to use this mint lime hemp avocado dressing on! (I know, it’s a wordy recipe name.) I wanted to share this dressing as a separate recipe because its use isn’t limited as a veggie burger topping. It just happens to be my family’s favourite salad dressing of late.
Mint is an acquired taste, and if you haven’t quite acquired a taste for it, this delicious dressing just might do it. With its lime and mint combination, it reminds me of a mojito! Plus, this dressing boasts an impressive roster of nutrients: monounsaturated fat from avocado; omegas 3 and 6 essential fatty acids from the hemp; and green goodness from mint.
ingredients you need for this dressing
You’ll need fresh mint, hemp, lime juice, avocado, extra virgin olive oil, nutritional yeast, maple syrup, light miso, sea salt, pepper, garlic, and water.
how to make this dressing
Toss all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth!
I’m keeping this post short but sweet, but as I said, I’ll be back tomorrow with a recipe for Greek Lentil Walnut Burgers that you can top with this dressing!
If you make this, leave a comment and rating below, and tag a photo on Instagram @upbeet.kitchen and #upbeetkitchen so that I can re-gram it in a story! 🙂Print
Tangy and fresh-tasting vegan mint, lime, avocado, and hemp dressing.
- 1 bunch of fresh mint, stems removed (about 1 packed cup)
- ¼ cup hulled hemp seeds (hemp hearts)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ a ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp light miso or tamari
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- ¼ cup water, plus more as needed to thin
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add more salt, if desired. Add more water if a thinner dressing is desired.
- Pour into an airtight jar and refrigerate until ready to use. Leftover dressing can be stored in the fridge for a few days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
Keywords: mint lime salad dressing, avocado mint salad dressing
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin this to one of your boards: