These vegan mocha overnight oats are the perfect make-ahead breakfast for summer. They’re energizing and have lots of fibre, omega 3s, and magnesium.
Overnight oats were one of the first vegan breakfasts I learned how to make many years ago. I love how versatile they are, how much creativity they allow, and the fact that you can whip them up the night before and wake up to a healthy, nourishing breakfast. (As someone who is definitely not a morning person, I really appreciate a breakfast that I can grab from the fridge as I bumble around trying to get my life together before I head out the door, haha).
This mocha overnight oats recipe is one of my favourites. It’s full of fibre, healthy fat, magnesium, and omega 3s, and because of its coffee and cocoa content, it gives you a nice boost of energy. I love topping it with cherries or other seasonal fruit, sliced banana, hemp hearts, and my chocolate almond butter granola. You can even make a parfait, as pictured.
how to make vegan mocha overnight oats
Mix together non-dairy yogurt, cold coffee, maple syrup, cocoa or cacao powder, chia seeds, rolled oats, and a pinch of sea salt. Place in a jar and secure the lid, refrigerate overnight. As they soak, the oats soften, making them completely edible without any cooking required. The chia seeds also expand and thicken the mixture!
variations on the recipe
- If you don’t drink coffee, or you want to make this kid-friendly, you can simply use non-dairy milk in its place for chocolate overnight oats.
- If you are avoiding added sugar, use a couple drops of stevia instead of maple syrup.
- If you want higher protein overnight oats, add 1/2 scoop of vegan protein powder to the mixture. (You might need to add more liquid if you do since protein powder thickens it quite a bit more.)
- Want to make several servings all at once? This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled.
I hope you love these vegan mocha overnight oats! Let me know how you liked them with a comment and review below, and if you share a photo to Instagram, tag @upbeet.kitchen and #upbeetkitchen. I love re-gramming your photos!
These vegan mocha overnight oats are energizing, satisfying, and full of fibre, magnesium, and omega 3s.
- 1/2 cup non-dairy yogurt
- 1/2 cup strong coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cocoa or raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl. Transfer to a jar and secure the lid. Refrigerate overnight and enjoy with desired toppings. I like seasonal fruit, bananas, chocolate almond butter granola, and hemp hearts.
Keywords: mocha overnight oats, vegan mocha overnight oats