Here is my go-to cranberry sauce for holidays. It’s just sweet enough, with notes of maple and orange.
Dropping in with a quick maple orange cranberry sauce recipe in the lead-up to the main event tomorrow, which is my Homemade Beyond Meat Meatloaf recipe that I’ve been talking about over on Instagram! This cranberry sauce is my go-to for Thanksgiving and Christmas: the maple syrup provides just a hint of sweetness without overpowering the delightful tartness of the cranberries. Orange juice and zest provide that festive touch.
I hope you love it! I’m not going to write much more tonight since I’ll be sharing a longer post tomorrow. Be back soon! 🙂Print
Simple and healthy homemade cranberry sauce with orange and maple. A holiday staple!
- 1 lb (454 g) organic cranberries (fresh or thawed from frozen)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- Freshly grated zest from 1 organic orange
- Place the cranberries in a medium saucepan. Add the maple syrup and bring to a simmer over medium heat. The cranberries will make popping sounds as they burst. Turn down heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries thicken into a sauce/compote consistency. This will take 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the orange juice and zest.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use. This sauce will keep for at least 2 weeks.