Hellooooo, world! It’s time to meet the world’s easiest vegan banana Nutella muffins.
Note: This recipe was originally published in April 2019, and the recipe and photos were updated in April 2021.
Now, I’m well aware that Nutella is not truly vegan. However, there are several vegan chocolate hazelnut spreads on the market that taste almost like the ‘real’ thing, and just as many recipes for homemade Nutella. Vegans, rejoice! Now you can have your Not-tella and eat it, too!
These muffins are for those times during the morning or afternoon when your tummy starts to growl and you need something to tide you over in between meals, and a store-bought granola bar just won’t cut it.
what is so good about these vegan banana Nutella Muffins?
-Easy to make, requiring just ten minutes of prep.
-Bursting with banana goodness.
-Filled with a rich chocolatey surprise (ahem vegan ‘Nutella’ ahem).
-Refined sugar-free (hiiii, coconut sugar, you dreamy sweetener, you).
-Actually a virtuous snack from a nutritional standpoint.
-The perfect way to use over-ripe bananas.
Something tells me that these muffins are going to become a staple in your baking repertoire. They are perfect in children’s lunches, and I’ve been told that parents love them, too. They also make a great post-run snack.
more vegan muffin recipes
- Vegan Pumpkin Banana Spelt Muffins
- Vegan + Gluten-Free Chunky Monkey Muffins
- Oat Flour Banana Peanut Butter Blueberry Muffins (One Bowl Vegan)
Did you make this recipe? Tag @upbeet.kitchen and #upbeetkitchen on Instagram. Don’t forget to leave a comment and rating below!Print
Amazing, 10-ingredient vegan banana Nutella muffins sweetened with coconut sugar and made in one bowl!
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 2.5 tablespoons water)
- 1 ¾ cups mashed overripe bananas (from 3–4 bananas)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups light spelt flour
- 12 heaping teaspoons vegan “Nutella” spread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flax and water to form your flax “egg.” Wait a few minutes, until it thickens. Add the mashed banana, coconut sugar, and melted coconut oil. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, followed by the rolled oats.
- Next, whisk in the flour. Mix just until incorporated.
- Add 2 tablespoons of batter to each muffin cup. Top each with 1 heaping teaspoon of “Nutella.”
- Finally, top each with 1 heaping tablespoon of the remaining batter.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Let cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes before removing from the pan and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days, or in the fridge for a week.
Good brands of vegan “Nutella” are Nutiva and Brinkers La Vida Vegan.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
Keywords: vegan banana Nutella Muffins