Amazing, 10-ingredient vegan banana Nutella muffins sweetened with coconut sugar and made in one bowl!
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 2.5 tablespoons water)
- 1 3/4 cups mashed overripe bananas (from 3–4 bananas)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups light spelt flour
- 12 heaping teaspoons vegan “Nutella” spread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flax and water to form your flax “egg.” Wait a few minutes, until it thickens. Add the mashed banana, coconut sugar, and melted coconut oil. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, followed by the rolled oats.
- Next, whisk in the flour. Mix just until incorporated.
- Add 2 tablespoons of batter to each muffin cup. Top each with 1 heaping teaspoon of “Nutella.”
- Finally, top each with 1 heaping tablespoon of the remaining batter.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Let cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes before removing from the pan and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days, or in the fridge for a week.
Good brands of vegan “Nutella” are Nutiva and Brinkers La Vida Vegan.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
Keywords: vegan banana Nutella Muffins