This creamy vegan dirty chai latte smoothie gives you the delicious flavour of a dirty chai latte in a cool, refreshing smoothie. Packed with protein, fibre, healthy fat, and a little boost of caffeine, it provides plenty of energy to power you through your day.
Happy Sunday! How is this already the last weekend of August? I hope you’ve all had a good weekend! Yesterday, my mom and I cooked up a vegetarian Indian feast to celebrate what was supposed to be my brother and sister-in-law’s wedding day, which they had to postpone until next summer due to the pandemic. We started off with (decidedly not Indian) barbecue cauliflower wings with green goddess dip, followed by lentil dhal, curried coconut greens, rice, and samosas for the main course, and carrot cake for dessert. The carrot cake was a near fiasco caused by me initially under-baking it, but thankfully, I realized my mistake before the cake had cooled too much and was able to put it back into the oven to finish baking. The frosting was also an epic fail because I used the wrong kind of cream cheese, but everyone was very nice about it and, all in all, it was a very wonderful and filling family feast. And my mom and I got to spend the day cooking together, which was also a bonus!
Now, let’s get into this vegan dirty chai smoothie, because that’s really why you’re here, right? This refreshing drink is inspired by my favourite warm beverage, the dirty chai latte. But because it’s still technically summer, I figured it might be more seasonally appropriate to share a smoothie recipe with coffee and chai spices in it, instead. That, and I already have a dirty chai latte recipe!
Dirty Chai Latte Ingredients
- Chilled strong brewed coffee, almond milk, frozen banana, Medjool date, almond butter, hemp, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and cloves.
- Easy! Simply add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy. This recipe makes one large smoothie or two smaller smoothies.
- For a chai-spiced smoothie without any coffee, omit the coffee and use an extra ½ cup of almond milk. Or use ½ cup of chilled chai tea in place of the coffee.
- Turn it into a dirty chai protein smoothie bowl by reducing the amount of almond milk to ¼ cup and adding a scoop of protein powder. Top with seasonal fruit and granola!
- Use decaf coffee if you are sensitive to caffeine or want to enjoy this in the evening.
I hope you love this dirty chai smoothie! If you make it, let me know how you enjoyed it by leaving a comment and rating below the post. And if you share a photo to Instagram, be sure to tag me @upbeet.kitchen and #upbeetkitchen.
Well, that’s about all I have to say! Keeping things short and sweet today, but I’ll be back in the next day or two with a kale salad recipe that I am very excited about, so stay tuned for that. 🙂
This creamy vegan dirty chai latte gives you the delicious flavour of a dirty chai latte in a cool, refreshing smoothie. Packed with protein, fibre, healthy fat, and a little boost of caffeine, it provides plenty of energy to power you through your day.
- ½ cup chilled strong brewed coffee
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large frozen banana, chopped
- 1 pitted Medjool date (make sure that it’s nice and soft)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp hemp
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Optional: 1 ice cube (I usually don’t use ice, since it tends to make smoothies watery)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Snack, Breakfast
- Method: Blend
Keywords: vegan dirty chai smoothie
Pin this for later: