This vegan chocolate dessert pizza features a sunflower and oat crust and a fudgey avocado “icing.” The whole dessert pizza gets topped off with seasonal fruit, hemp, and cacao nibs for a simple and healthy treat!
Behold the healthy vegan dessert pizza of your dreams, and mine, too! This delectable treat is made with a sunflower seed, oat flour, and maple cookie crust, and topped with an irresistible fudge icing made with an undetectable secret ingredient: avocado. This pizza is so healthy, you could easily enjoy it for breakfast with a matcha latte or vegan bulletproof coffee!
I’m baaaaack! I feel as though I blinked and then, bam, a week had passed and I hadn’t gotten around to posting a single recipe here. I’ve been in a creative space where the recipes have literally been flowing from my head to paper to the kitchen, which I suppose isn’t the worst problem to have. Last week, my mornings consisted of developing and photographing recipes and a quick workout before going off to work in the afternoon. Now I need to actually sit down and edit the photos and publish the recipes!
You can anticipate lots of summer deliciousness coming your way over the coming days and weeks, including Green Goddess Pesto Pasta Salad, Romaine Tacos with Tofu Ricotta and Summer Veggies, Pesto Flatbread Pizzas, No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream, and Chocolate Chunk Protein Cookies.
You may be wondering: What about the Salad a Day Challenge? Fear not, dear readers. There will be many more salad recipes coming your way over the course of the next several weeks. I just got the feeling that you like variety as much as I do, and could do with a little something sweet in your lives!
A Healthy Vegan Dessert Pizza
This healthy vegan dessert pizza is the ultimate summer dessert, or dessert for breakfast (Yes, I am that person; maybe you are, too? Let’s be friends.) The crust takes a total of 25 minutes, and all that you need to do after that is to whip up a fudge icing comprised of avocado, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, and sunflower seed butter. Once the crust has cooled, top with the icing, then arrange some strawberries and blueberries on top of that. You can either refrigerate for a bit to firm it up, or if you’re as impatient as I am, you can slice and serve.
The vegan dessert pizza makes 4 large servings or 8 small servings, and is ultra satisfying. What’s more, it’s refined sugar-free and each serving contains just one tablespoon of maple syrup, which, along with plenty of healthy fats from the sunflower seed butter and avocado, makes it a healthy treat that won’t spike your blood sugar!Print
Vegan Dessert Pizza w/ Sunflower Oat Cookie Crust and Fudge Icing
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 large or 8 small servings 1x
An amazingly healthy vegan dessert pizza made with a sunflower oat cookie crust and a fudge icing, this treat is oil- and refined sugar-free, and can even be enjoyed for breakfast. The ultimate summer dessert with a healthy vegan twist.
Sunflower Oat Cookie Crust
- 1 ½ cups oat flour (if you do not have oat flour, grind 1 ½ cups rolled oats into a coarse flour in a food processor)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ cup sunflower seed butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Chocolate Avocado Icing
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and flesh scooped out
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- Strawberries, sliced and arranged creatively
- Hemp hearts
- Cacao nibs
- Whatever else your heart desires (coconut, natural sprinkles… let your imagination run wild!)
1. Make the sunflower seed oat cookie crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk together the oat flour, baking soda, and sea salt in a medium bowl. Stir in the sunflower seed butter, maple syrup, almond milk, ground flax, and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly or work the dough with lightly wet hands until well combined. Transfer the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet and press into a compact circle about 1 inch thick with wet fingers to prevent the dough from sticking to them.
2. Bake the crust for 12-17 minutes, or until firm to the touch and lightly browned around the edges. Set it aside to cool completely while you make the icing.
3. To make the icing, combine avocado, sunflower seed butter, maple syrup, cocoa, salt, vanilla, and almond milk in a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade. Process until very smooth and silky.
4. Top the cooled cookie crust with the chocolate icing. Arrange desired garnishes on top, slice, and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: Vegan, American
Keywords: Dessert pizza, Healthy vegan dessert pizza
If you make this vegan chocolate dessert pizza, be sure to share a photo on Instagram, and leave a comment below letting us know how you liked it! I’ll be back soon with a delightful green goddess pasta salad recipe. Happy dessert pizza-eating!
A very energizing treat that is full of healthy ingredients. Great texture, flavour, and colour. Delicious!
Thank you, Barry! Glad you liked it!
I really enjoyed this dessert and will make it again for sure!