An amazingly healthy vegan dessert pizza made with a sunflower oat cookie crust and a fudge icing, this treat is oil- and refined sugar-free, and can even be enjoyed for breakfast. The ultimate summer dessert with a healthy vegan twist.
Sunflower Oat Cookie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (if you do not have oat flour, grind 1 1/2 cups rolled oats into a coarse flour in a food processor)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Chocolate Avocado Icing
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and flesh scooped out
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- Strawberries, sliced and arranged creatively
- Hemp hearts
- Cacao nibs
- Whatever else your heart desires (coconut, natural sprinkles… let your imagination run wild!)
1. Make the sunflower seed oat cookie crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk together the oat flour, baking soda, and sea salt in a medium bowl. Stir in the sunflower seed butter, maple syrup, almond milk, ground flax, and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly or work the dough with lightly wet hands until well combined. Transfer the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet and press into a compact circle about 1 inch thick with wet fingers to prevent the dough from sticking to them.
2. Bake the crust for 12-17 minutes, or until firm to the touch and lightly browned around the edges. Set it aside to cool completely while you make the icing.
3. To make the icing, combine avocado, sunflower seed butter, maple syrup, cocoa, salt, vanilla, and almond milk in a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade. Process until very smooth and silky.
4. Top the cooled cookie crust with the chocolate icing. Arrange desired garnishes on top, slice, and serve.
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: Vegan, American
Keywords: Dessert pizza, Healthy vegan dessert pizza