These vegan chocolate chunk cashew butter blondies are ridiculously rich-tasting. Nobody would ever know that they are made with a healthy combination of oat flour, cashew butter, and coconut sugar!
Oh hi, friends! I’m so excited to share my favourite blondie recipe with you just in time for the holidays! This dessert only takes 20 minutes to whip up and is so intensely craveable, you’ll be making it all year round!
What the heck is a blondie, you may ask? Think brownie, minus the chocolate batter. I like to think of them as blonde brownies. What the batter lacks in cocoa, it makes up for in the chocolate chunks that adorn every square inch of this dessert!
They’re sweet (but not tooth-achingly so), rich (but not over the top), and satisfying. Sweetened with coconut sugarand made with wholesome ingredients like flax, oat flour, cashew butter, and fair trade organic dark chocolate, they’re even rather redeeming from a nutritional standpoint—at least more so than the average dessert on offer at this time of the year.
So flatter your family and impress your friends with your vegan baking prowess. Only you and I have to know how easy and fuss-free it truly is to make a blondie.
What are we waiting for? Let’s bake!
First of all, you’ll whip together a flax egg. To the flax egg, you’ll add cashew butter, coconut sugar, and melted coconut oil (or butter if not vegan), and almond milk. Add some vanilla extract to enhance the flavour.
Next, you’ll whisk together oat flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and stir.
Lastly, you’ll sprinkle on the most important ingredient of all: chopped dark chocolate!
The hardest step is waiting for it to bake and set before slicing and biting into pure blondie nirvana.
I hope that you love these chocolate chunk cashew butter blondies. If you make them, please leave a comment and rating below to let me know how you liked them. If you take a photo, post it to Instagram and tag me @upbeet.kitchen and #upbeetkitchen! I love seeing your takes on my recipes.Print
Chocolate Chunk Cashew Butter Blondies
These chocolate chunk cashew butter blondies are rich, fudgey, and decadent, while also being gluten-free and vegan! There’s nothing better on a cold winter day than one of these blondies and a steaming cup of Earl Grey tea.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 0 blondies 1x
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax plus 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (other nut and seed butters probably work)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil or butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate (I used 70%)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C) and line a 8×8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Note that I have not attempted to make this recipe in a 9×9-inch dish, so do so at your own risk!
- Whisk together ground flax and water in a large mixing bowl. Let stand for five minutes to thicken.
- Add cashew butter, coconut sugar, melted oil or butter, milk, and vanilla and cream together using electric mixer or a large spoon and a strong arm. 🙂
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Pour dry ingredients over the wet ingredients and stir vigorously to combine.
- Spoon the prepared dough into your pan. Wet your hands and press the dough into the corners of the pan. You want a flat, even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until firm to the touch and golden.
- Cool in the pan for 20 minutes before lifting out. Cool on a rack for an additional 10 minutes before transferring to the refrigerator and allowing it to cool fully before slicing into 9-12 squares.
- Blondies will keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for at least one week.