Here is my second “vegan essentials” installment! Everybody loves tzatziki, but vegan and dairy-free folks often go without. Not anymore, with my vegan tzatziki sauce that tastes as good as, if not better than, the “real” thing! Cashews provide the dreamy, creamy base for this tangy, salty, and fresh-tasting tzatziki sauce that plays well with veggie burgers, kebabs, and all Mediterranean dishes!
Servings: 1 1/2 cups
Time: 5 minutes + 4 hours soaking time for cashews
Cuisine: Vegan, Plant-based
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for a minimum of 4 hours and drained
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated cucumber, liquid squeezed out
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Place cashews, water, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper into a blender (preferably a high speed blender) and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and add cucumber and mint.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge until ready to use.