Everyone needs an easy vegan peanut butter noodles recipe up their sleeve for when life gets hectic and you need dinner on the table in minutes! Here’s mine. A sauce made with peanut butter, lime, tamari, coconut milk, and more is tossed with soba noodles and served with vegetables and protein of choice for a great weeknight meal.
Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- Cayenne or red pepper flakes, to taste
- 11 ounces soba noodles (I used Eden Organic buckwheat and spelt soba noodles)
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets, or 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped (or a combination)
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1/2 an English cucumber, thinly sliced, or 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Protein of choice (I love crispy baked tofu or soft-boiled eggs if not vegan)
- Diced mango, if desired
- Cook the soba noodles according to the directions on the package and steam the broccoli or kale in a pot fitted with a steamer basket.
- While the noodles are cooking, make the peanut sauce by blending the peanut butter, coconut milk, tamari, lime juice, ginger, maple syrup, and garlic together in an upright blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired, to suit your taste.
- Either pour the sauce directly over the soba noodles, or serve up the noodles and allow everyone to drizzle on their desired amount. Top with the vegetables, protein of choice, and cilantro. Sprinkle with roasted peanuts, if desired.
- Category: Lunch, Supper
- Cuisine: Thai/Indonesian
Keywords: vegan peanut butter coconut noodles