Wholesome almond butter s’mores oatmeal squares are the perfect summer treat. Made with healthy ingredients like oats, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and dark chocolate, these squares are chewy, sweet, and delicious.
- 2 tablespoons ground flax + 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2/3 cup mini vegan marshmallows (I use Dandies brand)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- 2 graham wafer sheets, roughly chopped or broken (4 square wafers in total)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line an 8×8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Ensure that you use enough paper to be able to use it as handles to lift the bar out easily after baking.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ground flax and water. Add the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla. Whisk well to combine. Next, add the baking soda and sea salt. Whisk to incorporate. Next, stir in the oat flour and rolled oats.
- Fold in the marshmallows, chocolate chips, and chopped graham crackers. The dough will be quite sticky.
- Transfer the dough into the prepared baking dish. Lightly wet your fingers and press the dough into an even layer. Sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips over top and lightly press down into the dough. Bake for 22 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the square to cool in the pan. Once cool, slice and enjoy. If you can’t wait until it cools, feel free to dig right in, but you will be able to slice it more easily once it has cooled fully.
- You can store these squares in an airtight container at room temperature for three days, or in the fridge for a week. They are actually delicious cold as well as at room temperature!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: vegan almond butter s'mores oatmeal squares recipe