- 1/2 of a large ripe banana
- 1/2 cup large flake rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (use more or less to your taste)
- Tiny pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- Nut butter (or try the Chocolate Almond Butter in the notes section)
- Hemp hearts
- Mash the 1/2 a banana in a medium bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well to combine. Transfer into an airtight jar or container. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, check and see how thick the oats are. I like to add a splash of non-dairy milk to thin out slightly.
- Transfer into a bowl and add your favourite toppings.
Chocolate Almond Butter Topping:
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk
- Pinch of salt
Whisk together all ingredients in a small saucepan and gently warm over low heat, whisking often. The heat simply helps to melt the almond butter slightly, which helps with mixing. Once smooth, remove from the heat. Once cool, transfer into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Greek yogurt banana overnight oats