These sweet potato blended baked oats give you an excuse to eat cake for breakfast! Inspired by the viral TikTok baked oats, this recipe for sweet potato blended baked oats combines rolled oats, sweet potato, spices, maple syrup, egg, almond butter, and chocolate chips for the perfect healthy breakfast!
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling over top
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease two small (4-oz) ramekins with butter or coconut oil.
- Add the milk, egg, oats, sweet potato, maple syrup, almond butter, spices, baking powder, and salt to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Divide between the two prepared ramekins. Sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, depending on how gooey you like the middle.
- Remove from the oven and allow the baked oats to cool for a few minutes before enjoying. Alternatively, cool completely, place the ramekins in an airtight container, and refrigerate for up to four days.
To make sweet potato puree: Peel and dice a good sized sweet potato. Steam for 15-20 minutes, or until very tender. Let cool for a few minutes, then place in a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade and process until smooth. Measure out 1/2 cup and if there is any left, save it for another use.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
Keywords: sweet potato blended baked oats recipe