- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup pureed sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces dark or semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a 10-12-inch cast iron skillet with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, sweet potato puree, milk, and vanilla. Whisk in the baking powder and sea salt. Stir in the oat flour and the chocolate chips. Scoop into the prepared skillet and smooth out.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until just set in the middle. Be careful not to over-bake, or you will end up with a dry blondie instead of a gooey blondie!
- Let cool completely before spreading the icing over top.
- To make the icing, melt together the chocolate and butter over low heat, whisking occasionally. Set aside to cool for ten minutes. Place the icing sugar in a medium bowl. Add the melted chocolate and butter, cream, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Spread the icing over the blondie, slice, and enjoy with ice cream and caramel sauce, if desired.
Nutritional information includes the icing.
The caramel sauce in the photos can be found here.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: sweet potato skillet blondie recipe