These lemony marinated Mediterranean white beans are full of flavour! These white beans are flavoured with lemon, extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, feta, and herbs.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3 cups cooked white beans (or 2 14-oz cans, drained and rinsed)
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (drained of excess oil before measuring)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup diced feta cheese
- Optional: Hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- Warm the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once it shimmers, add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, eight minutes.
- Add the oregano, basil, and dill, followed by the white beans. Remove from the heat. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, capers, lemon, sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper (to taste), fresh parsley, balsamic vinegar, and feta. Taste and add additional salt, lemon, and/or balsamic, if desired. For an additional bit of spice, you can add some hot red pepper flakes, if you like.
- Drizzle with a bit more olive oil before serving, if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: marinated Mediterranean white beans recipe