This green pea herb hummus with dukkah-inspired cheesy pepita sprinkle is a vibrant and fresh-tasting dip. Enjoy it as an appetizer with veggies and crackers, or as a sandwich spread.
Green Pea Hummus
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2–1 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Cheesy Pepita Sprinkle
- 1/2 cup toasted pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Make the hummus: Combine the peas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, dill, mint, and garlic in a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade. Process until smooth. Transfer into a container.
- Make the cheesy pepita sprinkle: Wash and dry the food processor, then add the pepitas, nutritional yeast, salt, garlic cumin, and coriander. Process for 10-15 seconds, until coarsely ground. Top the green pea hummus with the cheesy pepita sprinkle and dig in!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
Keywords: green pea herb hummus