This healthy chocolate chunk pecan “cookie” granola is the perfect snack or breakfast. Enjoy it on its own by the handful, with milk, sprinkled over Greek yogurt, ice cream, or smoothie bowls, or any way you like.
- 3 cups large flake rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups pecan halves
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons organic salted butter or virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup nut or seed butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 grams chopped dark chocolate (I used 70% cacao)
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, chopped if large (I used raisins and cranberries, but figs would also be tasty)
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, pecans, coconut, chia, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup and butter over low heat and warm until the butter has melted. Whisk in the nut butter, coconut sugar, and vanilla. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir to coat. Transfer onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out in an even layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes, until golden brown and fragrant. Let cool before mixing in the dark chocolate and dried fruit. Store in an airtight jar at room temperature for up to one week, or in the fridge for one month.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
Keywords: healthy chocolate chunk pecan granola