Easy and healthy Moroccan breakfast sandwiches with egg, harissa, feta, olives, lemon mint tahini sauce, and arugula.
Mint Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or raw honey
- 4 English muffins or bagels
- 4–8 large organic free range eggs, scrambled or fried (1–2 eggs per sandwich, depending on appetites)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- Harissa (Moroccan chili pepper sauce), to taste
- Arugula or baby spinach
- Make the sauce: Combine the water, tahini, lemon, mint, garlic, salt, pepper, and maple syrup in a blender. Blend until smooth, adding up to 2 tablespoons more water if needed to thin out. Transfer into a jar or container.
- Make the sandwiches: Toast the English muffins or bagels. On the bottom half of each English muffin or bagel, layer on the eggs, a small dollop of harissa (use with caution; it’s very spicy), feta, olives, a drizzle of the sauce, and a handful of arugula. Top with the other half and enjoy immediately.
Keywords: Moroccan egg breakfast sandwich