Vegan cashew cookie dough bars are a marvellous no-bake healthy snack or dessert! Made with a handful of pantry staples, you’ll always want to have a batch of these sweet treats on hand for whenever a craving strikes.
Cashew Cookie Dough Bars
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates (10–12 dates- aim for very soft dates for best results)
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter or peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cacao butter or virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa or raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- Add the cashews and oats to a food processor and process until coarsely ground. Add the dates, cashew butter, maple syrup, salt, and vanilla. Process until a sticky dough forms. Finally, add the chocolate chips and pulse several times to break up and incorporate.
- Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Make sure that there is enough overhang so that you can easily lift the bar out of the pan once frozen.
- Crumble the dough into the prepared pan and press down firmly with your hands into an even layer.
- Next, make the chocolate topping. Place the cacao butter or coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat to melt. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cocoa, maple syrup, and non-dairy milk. Pour over the cookie dough in the pan and spread out with the back of a spoon.
- Transfer into the freezer and freeze until firm. I froze mine for 90 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and lift out of the pan. Depending on how firm it is, you might wish to let it soften for a couple of minutes before slicing.
- Run a sharp knife under hot water for 20 seconds. This helps prevent the chocolate from cracking when you slice through it. Then slice into 12-16 squares, depending on how large you would like them to be.
- Enjoy some immediately with a large glass of your favourite milk or an iced latte, and store the rest in an airtight container in the freezer.
Recipe inspired by my cashew cookie dough energy balls, which was originally inspired by the Cookie Dough Balls in Oh She Glows Everyday.
- Category: Snack
Keywords: vegan cookie dough bars