- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter (or any other nut/seed butter)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or 1 pitted Medjool date)
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional: 1 teaspoon maca, a pinch of salt, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until heated to your liking.
- If desired, pour into an upright blender and blend for 15 seconds so that it becomes frothy.
- Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy.
If you have any hot fudge sauce on hand, you can use that instead of the maple syrup and cocoa.
- Category: Drinks, Dessert
Keywords: vegan cashew butter cardamom hot chocolate