A healthy, energizing smoothie recipe with peanut butter, cocoa, and coffee!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup cold brew coffee*
- 1 large frozen banana, chopped
- 1 soft pitted Medjool date
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Optional: 1 scoop of protein powder or 2-3 tbsp hemp hearts
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
*Instead of true cold brew, I usually just brew some coffee in my French press, transfer it into a jar, and refrigerate it for use in my smoothies.
This smoothie doesn’t call for any ice cubes, but feel free to add one or two if you like.
If your dates aren’t super soft, soak one in warm water for a few minutes to soften.
- Category: Snack, Smoothie, Breakfast
Keywords: peanut butter mocha smoothie