A creamy, tangy, protein-rich tofu cream cheese spread that is highly versatile!
- 1 block (approx. 450 g) organic firm tofu
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2–3 lemons)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp chickpea or mellow white miso
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- Break up the block of tofu and place in a food processor fitted with the standard ‘S’ blade. Add all remaining ingredients and blend until ultra smooth.
- Transfer into an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
-1/2 cup of lemon juice might sound like a lot, but I found this amount necessary to provide the cream cheese with a tangy flavour.
-The cream cheese should keep in an airtight container in the fridge for a week.
-Adapted from my Romaine Ricotta Taco Boats
- Category: Snack, Side
Keywords: tofu cream cheese, vegan cream cheese