These tasty vegan sweet potato black bean burritos are flavourful, fun, and a fabulous source of protein.
- 1 batch of Cauliflower Walnut Taco Meat
Spicy Black Beans and Sweet Potatoes
- 4 heaping cups peeled and diced sweet potato (from 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 3 cups cooked black beans
Avocado Tomato Salsa
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- Pinch each sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Salsa verde
- Brown rice
- Chopped lettuce
- Cashew Sour Cream
- 6 large flour tortillas (For a gluten-free option, use collard leaves or Ezekiel brand rice tortillas.)
- Prepare the Cauliflower Walnut Taco Meat.
- Make the Spicy Black Beans and Sweet Potatoes: Place the diced sweet potatoes in a steamer basket and steam for 15-20 minutes, until fork tender. Alternatively, if you do not have a steamer, boil until fork tender and drain.
- Warm the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and red pepper. Cook for a few minutes before adding the spices and black beans. Once the sweet potatoes are tender, add them to the skillet and lightly mash.
- Make the Avocado Tomato Salsa: Add the diced avocados, tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Prepare any other toppings you might be using.
- Assemble the burritos by adding desired amount of spicy black beans and sweet potatoes, taco meat, avocado tomato salsa, and optional fillings to a tortilla and wrapping.
Keywords: vegan black bean and sweet potato burritos