This vegan Snickers protein smoothie puts those vegan Snickers energy balls to good use! This smoothie is packed with protein and is ultra energizing thanks to the combination of maca, cacao, and peanut butter. The cherry on top, so to speak, is a crumbled Snickers energy ball!
- Scant 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 large or 2 small frozen banana(s), chopped
- 1 tbsp organic peanut butter
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 tbsp cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 2 tsp maca powder (optional- leave out if you don’t have it; it just adds a caramel flavour and a boost of nutrition)
- 1 scoop organic chocolate flavoured protein powder (if you don’t have chocolate, use vanilla flavoured protein and increase the cacao powder to 1 tbsp)
- Place the smoothie ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- If using hot fudge sauce, drizzle 1 tbsp all around the inside of a glass.
- Pour the smoothie into the glass.
- Sprinkle the crumbled energy ball on top and drizzle with more hot fudge, if desired.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Drink
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: snickers smoothie, vegan chocolate peanut butter protein smoothie