A delicious and simple bright green vegan spinach and potato soup!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 5 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 ribs of celery, chopped
- Couple pinches of fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne, or to taste
- 5 cups chopped (scrubbed, unpeeled) yellow potatoes (from 7 small/medium potatoes)
- 4–6 cups vegetable broth (depending on how thick you like your soup)
- 4 packed cups spinach
- 1 packed cup parsley
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Warm the oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the celery and cook 3 minutes more. Add another pinch of salt, freshly ground black pepper, paprika, and cayenne.
- Add the potatoes to the pot, followed by the vegetable broth. Use 4 cups if you like a thicker soup, and 5-6 cups if you like a thinner soup. You can always add more broth later.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down heat to medium. Loosely cover the pot and simmer for 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Let the soup cool slightly before blending.
- You’ll have to blend the soup in two batches. Place half of the soup in an upright blender, along with half of the spinach and parsley. Blend until silky smooth and creamy and pour into a bowl while you puree the second half of the soup with the remaining spinach and parsley.
- Once all of the soup is pureed, pour it back into the pot, add the lemon, and warm it back up slightly before serving.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan spinach potato soup, healthy spinach potato soup, vegan st. patrick's day recipes