Easy 5-ingredient crispy baked tofu. The perfect protein-rich accompaniment to salads, bowls, tacos, and more!
- 1 (1 lb) block firm or extra-firm organic tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch/powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the tofu into 1-inch cubes and place in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil and tamari over the tofu and toss to coat. Then sprinkle on the garlic powder and arrowroot and toss again.
- Transfer the tofu cubes to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Make a Greek variation by adding 2 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp each dried basil and oregano to the tofu before baking!
Store leftover tofu cubes in the fridge for up to 5 days. They make a great protein option for work lunches!
This recipe is greatly inspired by Cookie and Kate.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: crispy baked tofu, how to make crispy baked tofu, tasty tofu recipe, easy tofu recipe, easy baked tofu