- 1 batch Vegan Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups short grain brown rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 3/4 cups filtered water
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large bunch of green kale, tough stems removed, washed, dried, and chopped
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- First, prepare the pumpkin alfredo sauce if you have not already done so.
- Cook the brown rice. Place the rinsed rice, water, and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down heat to low, cover with lid, and cook for 45 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and let it sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- While the rice is cooking, warm the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, and salt. Saute until onions and garlic are fragrant and nicely browned, about 8 minutes. Add the chopped kale and cook until bright green, about 3 minutes. Add pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- About 5 minutes before the rice is finished, place the alfredo sauce in a small saucepan and warm over medium-low heat.
- Right before serving, add the sauteed vegetables to the cooked brown rice, followed by desired amount of alfredo sauce (you might not need the entire batch, depending on how saucy you like it). Stir to incorporate and serve immediately.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan pumpkin alfredo, alfredo rice, vegan pumpkin alfredo rice, creamy vegan rice, cashew cream sauce, pumpkin cashew cream sauce