Wholesome and healthy, these apple cheddar breakfast quesadillas are kicked up a notch with sauerkraut and Dijon mustard. They are ultra flavourful and totally crave worthy.
- 1 large (10-inch) whole grain tortilla
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup grated goat cheddar cheese (or sub your favourite vegan cheese)
- 1/3 cup beet sauerkraut (squeeze out excess liquid before measuring)
- Small handful thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 an apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, for brushing on the outside of the quesadilla
Honey yogurt sauce:
- 1/4 cup goat or sheep yogurt (sub non-dairy yogurt for vegan option)
- 1 tsp raw honey (sub maple syrup for vegan option)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Assemble the quesadilla: Spread the Dijon mustard over one half of the tortilla. Layer the second half of the tortilla with the apple, sauerkraut, red onion, and cheddar cheese. Fold over and lightly press to adhere.
- Lightly brush the olive oil over the outside of the quesadilla. This helps make the quesadilla crispy as it bakes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flipping the quesadilla halfway through for even browning.
- While the quesadilla is baking, mix the yogurt and honey together in a small dish.
- To serve, slice the quesadilla into 4 wedges and serve the honey yogurt sauce in a small dish for dipping.
- Category: Vegetarian, Breakfast and Brunch
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, American
Keywords: cheddar apple quesadilla, breakfast quesadilla, goat cheddar quesadilla, healthy breakfast ideas