A mayo-free vegan curried chickpea salad sandwich made with a yogurt tahini dressing.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/2 a medium apple, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely minced red onion
- 2 1/2 tbsp dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/4 cup yogurt (coconut, soy, almond, etc., or organic cow, goat, or sheep yogurt for vegetarian option)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp each fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices of sourdough or sprouted grain bread
- 3 lacto fermented pickles (such as Bubbies)
- Lettuce or baby greens
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the chickpeas using a fork, potato masher, or pastry blender.
- Add the celery, apple, red onion, and dried cranberries or raisins.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together the yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, tamari, curry, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add the yogurt dressing to the chickpea mixture and stir to incorporate.
- To make the sandwiches, toast bread if desired, and divide the chickpea salad between three slices of bread. Slice the pickles and place on top, followed by the lettuce or greens and final slice of bread. Cut in half and enjoy immediately.
You can also serve this chickpea salad on lettuce leaves for a grain-free option.
- Category: Lunch, Sandwich
- Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian
Keywords: curried chickpea salad sandwich, vegan chickpea salad sandwich, mayo free chickpea salad, vegan sandwich