These cashew chocolate cookie dough energy balls are an essential addition to your healthy snack rotation. You’ll need just eight everyday ingredients including cashews, dates, oat flour, nut butter, and maple syrup to make these energizing bites.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates (about 12 pitted; if your dates are not soft, soak them in warm water for ten minutes, then drain and continue)
- 1/2 cup oat flour (or 1/2 cup rolled oats ground into a flour)
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maca powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place cashews in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade and blend until a powder forms. Add the dates, oat flour, cashew butter, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, and maca, if using, and process until the mixture begins to pull together.
- Add the cacao nibs and pulse to incorporate.
- Line a plate or cookie sheet with parchment paper. Divide dough into 20 equal balls and place in an even layer on the plate or cookie sheet.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to allow dough balls to firm up. Then transfer them to an airtight container and store in the fridge or freezer until ready to enjoy.
Make them nut-free: Use raw sunflower seeds and sunflower seed butter in place of the cashews and cashew butter.
Keywords: energy balls, vegan energy balls, vegan snacks, kid friendly snacks, cashew cookie dough balls,