Meet your new favourite late summer breakfast. This Blueberry Chai Protein Smoothie Bowl is cool and refreshing, but it also features warming spices like cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom. It’s perfect for cooler summer mornings.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond, hemp, cashew, oat)
- 1 large frozen banana, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp ripe avocado
- 1 scoop vanilla flavoured organic plant protein of choice (I like a blend of sprouted pea and brown rice)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- Pinch of cloves
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or ground flax seeds
- Thinly sliced apple
- Bee pollen
- Nut butter
- Pumpkin seeds
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with granola, apple, bee pollen, nut butter, pumpkin seeds, or any other desired toppings.
If you’re short on time, increase the non-dairy milk to 1 cup and enjoy as a drinkable smoothie.