A tofu scramble that’s ultra-flavourful thanks to generous amounts of nutritional yeast, salsa, tahini, and spices. Serve with avocado toast and greens for a well-balanced vegan meal.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (454 g) block firm tofu (organic and non-GMO)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 3 tbsp tahini
- Freshly ground black pepper, cayenne, and additional sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (optional, for colour)
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Add salt, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika,coriander, and red bell pepper.
- Crumble in the tofu and cook for five minutes.
- Stir in nutritional yeast, salsa, and tahini, and cook five minutes more, or until heated through. Taste and add pepper, cayenne, additional salt, and turmeric, if desired.
- Serve with avocado toast and greens of your choice.
- Category: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
- Cuisine: American, Mexican, Vegan