This raw beet chickpea salad with apple cider vinaigrette is a simple, light side salad. Raw, shredded beets are combined with arugula, chickpeas, cucumber, parsley, pumpkin seeds, and raisins in this fresh and healthy salad.
- 3 medium beets, peeled and shredded (I use the grater attachment on my food processor)
- 4 oz baby arugula
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 14-oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup raisins
Lemon Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients.
- In a jar, combine the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour about one-third of the dressing over the salad and reserve the remainder to drizzle over individual portions so as to prevent the salad from getting soggy.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
Keywords: shredded beet chickpea salad recipe