These vegan double chocolate oatmeal breakfast bars are dense, hearty, and easy to enjoy on the go. With rich chocolate flavour from cocoa and chocolate chips, natural sweetness from bananas, and wholesome cashew butter for added staying power, these oatmeal bars will keep you going for hours!
- 2 1/2 cups large flake rolled oats, divided
- 1/3 cup cashew butter or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup cacao powder or cocoa
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a 8×8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Leave some overhang so that you can lift the bar out after.
- To a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade, add 2 cups of the oats, cashew butter, coconut oil, bananas, dates, chia, vanilla, salt, coconut, cocoa, and milk. Blend until mostly smooth; some texture is fine. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of oats and chocolate chips. Pulse a couple of times to incorporate.
- Transfer the batter into your prepared baking dish. Smooth out with a spatula and sprinkle more chocolate chips over top, if desired. Bake for 28 minutes. Allow the bar to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing. Cool completely before transferring into an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 28 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Bake
Keywords: vegan double chocolate oatmeal breakfast bars recipe