- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup pesto
- 4 cups finely chopped kale
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2–1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 150g cans wild sockeye salmon (300 grams total)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh herbs and lemon wedges, for serving
- Cook the quinoa: In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa, water, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, stir, and turn down heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and lightly fluff with a fork.
- Place the canned salmon in a bowl and use a fork to break it apart into small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Transfer the quinoa into a large bowl. Add the pesto, kale, red pepper, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, hot red pepper flakes, oregano, basil, and salmon. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with the shredded Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Serve with lemon wedges and fresh herbs.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: salmon pesto quinoa bake recipe