Healthy, wholesome barbecue meatball bowls with saucy barbecue meatballs, roasted sweet potatoes, quinoa, roasted broccoli, and avocado goddess sauce are the perfect meal! Packed with protein, healthy fat, fibre, antioxidants, and complex carbs, this bowl will keep you going for hours. Best of all, it is so full of flavour and colour!
- 1 pound (454 grams) ground sirloin or lean/extra-lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup Panko
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 3 tablespoons water
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 bunch of broccoli, cut into medium florets
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Avocado Goddess Sauce
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Big handful of fresh herbs (I used a combination of basil and dill)
- 4 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Start by mixing up the meatballs. In a bowl, combine the beef, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, egg, Panko, smoked paprika, oregano, basil, and garlic. Mix by hand to combine. Roll into 16 balls and place on a plate. Warm two teaspoons of olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. When it shimmers, add the meatballs and brown for a couple of minutes, until browned on all sides.
- Transfer the skillet into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli. Place the sweet potatoes on a large, rimmed baking sheet and the broccoli on another. Drizzle the sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and arrange in an even layer. Repeat this step with the broccoli on a second large, rimmed baking sheet. Roast the broccoli for 20 minutes and the sweet potatoes for 25-30 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the barbecue sauce, balsamic vinegar, tamari, and water in a bowl and whisk to combine. Once the meatballs come out of the oven, pour the sauce evenly over top of them and cook for a few minutes on the stovetop, until the sauce is hot and thickens slightly around the meatballs.
- Make the avocado goddess sauce: In a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade, combine the avocado, yogurt, lime juice, garlic, salt, and herbs. Process until smooth.
- Serve: Divide the quinoa, sweet potatoes, broccoli, meatballs, and avocado sauce between bowls. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Course
Keywords: Barbecue meatball bowls recipe