This raspberry chocolate chip cashew skillet blondie is divine! Tart, juicy raspberries combine with chocolate chips and rich cashew butter in this incredible dessert. It is naturally gluten-free and made with less refined sweeteners: coconut sugar and maple syrup.
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup smooth cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup raspberries, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly grease a 10-12-inch cast iron skillet with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Whisk in the cashew butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Whisk in the baking soda and salt, followed by the oat flour. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips, reserving 1/4 cup for sprinkling over top before baking. Gently fold in 1/2 cup of raspberries, reserving 1/4 cup for sprinkling over top before baking. Be gentle while mixing so as to avoid breaking the raspberries apart. The dough will be quite moist and sticky.
- Spoon the dough into the prepared skillet. Lightly wet your fingers and press the dough into an even layer. Evenly distribute the remaining raspberries over top, gently pressing them down into the dough. Do the same thing with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Transfer the skillet into the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool for at least 30 minutes before digging in… if you can!
This blondie is quite gooey when fresh, but it firms up beautifully the next day. I like to eat it semi-warm on the first day with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and then I refrigerate leftovers and enjoy them chilled with a glass of milk. Either way is delicious.
You must use an oven-safe skillet for this recipe, such as cast iron. I have a Lodge cast iron skillet that works perfectly for this recipe. Staub skillets are also great.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: raspberry chocolate chip skillet cookie recipe