This Simple Greek Orzo Salad is incredible! Made with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, feta, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, peppers, basil, and a punchy lemon herb vinaigrette
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked orzo
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Persian cucumbers, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped (or more basil)
- Optional: A few handfuls of arugula, spinach, or chopped kale
Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cook the orzo according to the directions on the package. Drain and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- While the orzo cools, make the dressing: Place the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously to combine.
- Once cooled, place the orzo in a large salad bowl. You might have to gently break it apart with your hands if it has cooled for too long. Add the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, feta, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, red pepper, and basil to the bowl. At this point, you can add a few handfuls of arugula, spinach, or chopped kale, if desired. Add about three quarters of the dressing and toss to coat.
- If you like more dressing on your salad, feel free to add the remaining dressing (I did), or drizzle it over individual servings as desired.
If you like a less punchy dressing, reduce the lemon juice and/or red wine vinegar to your taste.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish, Main Course, Lunch
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: simple Greek orzo salad recipe