This roasted corn and jalapeño hummus is the perfect summer hummus recipe! Salty, briny pickled jalapenos are blended up with roasted sweet corn and garlic, chickpeas, tahini, lime juice, olive oil, and cumin in this incredible dip.
- 1 cup sweet corn, cut off the cob or use frozen corn
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (from 1 14-oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños
- 2 tablespoons brine from the pickled jalapeños
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F and place the corn and garlic on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and place in the oven. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until the corn is browned and beginning to char in some places. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for a couple of minutes.
2. Meanwhile, add all of the other ingredients to a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade. Add the cooled corn and garlic, but reserve a handful for garnishing the dip. Process until smooth, adding a tablespoon or two of water, if desired, to thin.
3. Transfer into a pretty serving dish and top with the reserved roasted corn and additional pickled jalapeños.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Southwestern/Mediterranean
Keywords: roasted corn and jalapeno hummus recipe