For the beet hummus:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 14-oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked beets
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the pasta:
- 1 pound (454 grams) uncooked pasta
- 1 cup beet hummus
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or butter
- Fresh parsley and additional parmesan, for garnish
- Make the beet hummus: In a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade, blend together all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Cook the pasta: Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups of the water that the pasta was cooked in.
- Return the pasta to the pot. Add 1 cup of the hummus, the parmesan, the olive oil, and 1 cup of reserved water. Toss together until combined, adding more water if needed to thin. Taste and season with additional sea salt or lemon juice.
- Serve with additional parmesan and fresh herbs.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: creamy beet hummus pasta recipe