Healthy, flavourful, and simple baked frittata with roasted butternut squash and broccoli, provolone cheese, and brie is the perfect weeknight supper.
- 4 cups diced, peeled butternut squash (1-inch cubes)
- 1 bunch of broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch of hot red pepper flakes
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 6 ounces (170 grams) brie cheese, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and line two large, rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper, if desired.
- Place the squash on one baking sheet and the broccoli and garlic on another baking sheet.
- Drizzle the squash with 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil and the broccoli and garlic with 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle the squash with the herbs, hot red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Sprinkle the broccoli and garlic with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast the squash for 25 minutes, or until tender. Roast the broccoli and garlic for 15 minutes, until just tender and beginning to char around the edges. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 F.
- Grease a large oven-safe skillet with olive oil. (My skillet is 10 inches in diameter.)
- Place the roasted squash and broccoli in the skillet.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the provolone and cubed brie. Pour over the vegetables and bake for 35 minutes, or until just set in the middle. Remove from the oven and wait five minutes before slicing.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Bake
Keywords: baked frittata with butternut squash and broccoli