These healthy cranberry orange chocolate chunk muffins are sweetened with maple syrup and naturally gluten-free, since they are made with oat flour.
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup salted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 80-100 gram dark chocolate bar, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease with butter.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the butter, maple syrup, orange juice, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and orange zest. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk to combine. Fold in the cranberries and dark chocolate, reserving twelve squares of chocolate for topping, if desired.
- Divide batter between the prepared muffin cups and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool fully.
- Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days, or in the fridge for up to a week.
When measuring flour, it is important to use the spoon and level method so as not to over-pack your measuring cup with flour. Simply spoon flour into the measuring cup until overflowing, then level it off.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast and Brunch
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: healthy cranberry orange chocolate chunk muffin recipe