Soft and fudgy date chocolate cookies with a layer of peanut butter honey icing and dipped in chocolate. Cookie heaven!
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates (about 15 dates)
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons nut or seed butter
- 2 tablespoons water
Peanut Butter Icing
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw honey
- 100 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line two large, rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade, grind the pecans, oats, and coconut into a meal. Add the remaining ingredients and process until a sticky dough forms. Transfer into a bowl for easier scooping.
- Wet your hands and roll the dough into 18 balls, placing them a couple inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Flatten by hand or use a fork to make a cross-hatch pattern. Bake for 10 minutes. Wait a few minutes before transferring the cookies onto a wire rack.
- Make the icing: Whisk together the peanut butter, butter, and honey in a bowl.
- Once the cookies are cool, spread the icing over the bottom of nine cookies and top with the remaining nine cookies to make a sandwich.
- Melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Dip the cookie sandwiches into the chocolate and place on the wire rack to let the chocolate harden.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
There will be leftover peanut butter icing. Spread it on your toast or put it on your morning oatmeal. 🙂
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
Keywords: best fudgy date chocolate cookie recipe